vrijdag 23 november 2012

Mp Landis

My WD series, which i began in 1996 in an abandoned warehouse in East Rutherford, NJ, has become my most important body of work. These Warehouse Drawings (WD’s) are artifacts of my process of transforming the overstimulation of modern urban life into something simpler, direct, and emotional, while still showing the layers of the process. Each WD begins as a functional piece of paper, folded and carried with me throughout the day, and marked with date, place, and daily minutiae. I then draw and paint on them in response to whatever is happening in and outside of my studio. Making these WD’s has influenced the rest of my artwork. The portability, spontaneity, and obsessiveness of creating this WD series have all seeped into my other work, both subtly and overtly. All of my artwork deals with the functionality of process, and the materials at hand, in different ways. This photo album is a random collection of WD images that have been photographed or scanned for various reasons and I will continue to slowly add to it.
















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten