zondag 4 november 2012

Cory Peeke











Artist Statement
I’m a collage maker for much the same reason I’m a curator – I love images. This affection has led me to collect remnant imagery; the largely ignored and seemingly inconsequential bits of ephemera that once had a purpose, still have a presence, but now idle in disuse. I combine, layer, juxtapose, glue, tape and re-contextualize these bits and pieces of detritus in order to reincarnate and recharge them. Through the process of collage these snippets of the past combine to become at once something fresh and familiar. They both exemplify and explore the duality that is the transient, disposable nature of our culture as well as the necessity to create tradition and solidify a cultural continuity.

Cory Peeke

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten